Ever wonder why so many people opt for Canadian citizenship every year? Apart from getting an opportunity to live in a beautiful country, there are many benefits of Canadian citizenship. Canada is consistently ranked as one of the top desirable and livable countries in the world. It is a country of opportunities, growth, better healthcare, excellent education and renowned climatic conditions. So, it’s not a surprise why Canada attracts many migrants and skilled workers to apply for Canada’s Federal Skilled Worker Program and opt for Canadian citizenship after 3 years of living in the country. Here are some benefits of Canadian citizenship for Indians:
Top 10 benefits of Canadian Citizenship for Indians
1. Live in Canada Indefinitely: Canadian citizenship is a permanent thing. After you officially become a Canadian citizen, you will always remain a Canadian citizen, unless you choose to renounce your citizenship. This means you can live, study, travel, and work anywhere in Canada, indefinitely.
2. Sponsor Family Members: You can reunite with your family in Canada after getting citizenship. You can sponsor your family members to become permanent residents in Canada after fulfilling a few requirements. Your spouse, dependent children, parents, and grandparents, are some people you can choose to sponsor.
3. Kids Get Access to Citizenship: Once you have Canadian citizenship, your kids automatically become Canadian citizens. And this is whether they were born in Canada or abroad. Not having to go through the entire process of becoming a citizen of Canada is a major benefit of Canadian citizenship.
4. Wider Work Options: With Canada visa programs like Express Entry and Federal Skilled Trades you can get permanent residency and working opportunities in the country. However, with citizenship, you even get access to government and federal-level positions. These jobs pay well and come with additional benefits.
5. Live Worldwide Without Losing Citizenship: One of the biggest benefits of Canadian citizenship for Indians is that you can live anywhere in the world without losing your citizenship of Canada. The Canadian government allows you to have dual citizenship from another country.
6. Visa-Free Travel: Canadian passport is amongst the top 10 most powerful passports in the world. If you have a Canadian passport you can travel to over 185 countries without a visa. It gives you support from Canadian consulates and embassies when traveling. Please note that it only includes traveling, and not working in those countries.
7. Free Education: Canadian government offers free education for children until the age of 18 years (or Grade 12) who has permanent residency. Your children can get three levels of education: primary, secondary and higher education for free. For university education, your children will get excellent benefits in tuition fees.
8. Tax Benefits: One of the top financial benefits of Canadian citizenship is the taxation system of Canada. The tax laws work on a residency basis, so if you are a citizen and do not live in Canada, you don’t have to pay taxes here. Only if you live in Canada, you have to pay federal, provincial and municipal level taxes.
9. Right to Vote and Enter Politics: You get Canadian voting right upon becoming a citizen. You can vote in elections and run for office or choose to become involved in political activities. You can run for office as an independent candidate or join one of the existing parties.
10. Better Social and Healthcare System: There are a lot of social benefits of Canadian citizenship including job security, tax rebates, retirement benefits, disability benefits, and more. Also, Canada has a universal health care system for citizens, which covers childbirth, surgery, prescription drugs and more. It is a massive financial benefit of Canadian citizenship.
The Canadian government has recently updated its National Occupation Classification (NOC) starting from November 16th 2022. Learn about the changes in NOC before applying for FSWP.
Eligibility Criteria To Apply For Canadian Citizenship
We saw many benefits of being a Canadian permanent resident and but to become a citizen you must:
- Be a permanent resident of Canada
- Have filed your taxes if required
- Pass the citizenship tests
- Pass the language skill tests
- Have lived in Canada for 3 years out of the last 5
Learn more about your options and eligibility when planning to immigrate to Canada.
Apply for Canadian Citizenship Through Bilimoria & Associate
Canadian citizens enjoy some of the most extensive benefits in the world. You will have a great quality of life in a peaceful country. If you are wondering how to migrate to Canada from India, we can help you through the process. Bilimoria & Associate is one the best Canadian immigration agents in Chennai that has helped many people migrate to Canada and other countries like Australia, New Zealand, Europe, UK and USA. We will make your immigration process as smooth as possible at an affordable price.
Please send your detailed resume to email@example.com for us to assess and advise on your eligibility. Contact Bilimoria & Associate’s office at +91 44 2822 7222 / 2823 9229 / 4350 8191 for consultation or an appointment.