Many countries across the world offer permanent residency and investment citizenship programs. These programs are an excellent option for investors to invest, work, live, and study in different countries. It also provides investors’ families to get alternate citizenship and travel freely across various destinations. Currently, there are 30 countries running citizenship by investment programs, and one of the top-rated is Portugal’s investment citizenship program.
Covered with mesmerising mountains, beaches and rich culture, Portugal is one place in Europe that attracts many tourists and immigrants every year. It is a developed nation with an advanced economy, wooing foreign investors as it gives open access to top infrastructures, skilled labour, and key markets. Also, Portugal has recently become a significant hub for real estate investment. Because of the massive profit margin in Portugal’s real estate marketing, we are experiencing more and more Indian investors applying for the citizenship-by-investment Portugal Golden Visa Program.
What is the Portugal Golden Visa Program?
Launched in 2012, the Portugal Government issued the Golden Visa Program to non-EU nationals who want to invest in Portugal. These investments can be of different kinds, including real estate investments, capital investments, investments to create jobs etc. The Golden visa program also speeds up getting permanent residence and citizenship in Portugal. You can be a citizen of Portugal in as little as five years by obtaining the Golden visa. Since the program’s launch, over 11,060 investors/applicants have benefited from the program and have been granted Portugal Golden Visa. Moreover, over 18,193 family members have also reaped benefits from the program as of September 2022.
Top Benefits of Portugal Golden Visa Program
- Currently, Portugal is the 3rd safest country to live in and has the 5th most official passport in the world.
- Golden Visa holders can enter Portugal anytime during the year, even when Portugal’s borders are closed.
- Portugal investment visa holders also get a special NHR (Non-habitual Resident) status in the country for about ten years. NHR reduces the cost of income tax by 20%.
- Property Tax IMI is exempted during construction, and the developer pays the municipal property transfer tax (IMT).
- Golden visa holders also get to apply for permanent residence in Portugal after five years without living in the country. Physical presence to apply is as low as 14 days for two subsequent years.
- During the program, investors and their families have permanent free entry and movement throughout the 26 Schengen countries.
- After being a Portuguese citizen, you can choose to live in any European country and travel visa-free to 187 countries. It also includes the USA, the UK, Canada and Australia.
- Investors get a 100% refund on their investment within six months of receiving permanent residence or citizenship in the 6th year.
- Investors can choose to get seven days of free stay per year.
- The living cost in Portugal is amongst the lowest in Western Europe. It does not compromise the quality of food, education, healthcare and lifestyle requirements.
- Investors’ spouses, children, siblings, and dependent parents can also apply for Portugal Golden Visa.
- The project has legal approval and appraisal reports from the Government body.
- Value Added Tax (VAT) is a tax levied on sales & services in Portugal. VAT on the rehabilitation works included.
- The project is designed under a solid concept and state-of-the-art engineering and is a 4-star exclusive hotel.
- The project “The Riverside, Hotel Faro” has all the requirements for obtaining the family Residence permit for your application with the Immigration department – SEF.
- Getting a Golden visa in Portugal becomes seamless when dealing with a reliable Portugal consultant in Chennai.
Eligibility Criteria To Apply for Portugal Golden Visa Program
Here are the basic requirements to apply for Portugal Golden Visa Program
- You should be over 18 years
- You must have a valid passport and live legally in a country
- You should have no history of criminal records
- You need to make a significant investment to help the Portuguese economy
- You should have an acknowledged Health Insurance Plan.
- You must invest your money in the Portuguese economy.
- You must invest for at least six years or till you get a Portugal permanent residence card or citizenship.
- You do not need to showcase your net worth or educational degree to obtain the Golden Visa.
The program requires a minimum investment of €280,000 or €350,000. You can choose a range of investment routes based on project availability and requirements.
- €280,000 in a smaller countryside city
- €350,000 in a cosmopolitan city area
Get Portugal Golden Visa Through Bilimoria & Associate
Bilimoria & Associate is a trusted name for getting your Portugal Golden Visa. We at Bilimoria & Associate understand getting into the visa and immigration process can be tedious. Hence, we want to make it seamless and hassle-free for you. Here are some reasons to choose Bilimoria & Associate, a reliable Portugal Consultant in Chennai:
- Transparency: B&A is fully committed to maintaining high ethical standards and transparency in every procedure carried out with clients. It allows you to monitor your immigration process and avoid any possible fraud.
- Trusted Assistance: We have a team of dedicated and experienced visa staff to guide you through the entire process. We are the leading Portugal consultant in Chennai with about three decades of experience in offering reliable assistance to all our clients.
- Hassle-free Process: We promise hassle-free processing of getting a Portugal Golden visa. From documentation to verification, B&A will help you get all the resources needed to smooth the visa process from documentation to verification.
- Expertise: We have completed projects worth EUR 211 million in Portugal with 100% client satisfaction. We also have liaisons with top law firms in Portugal that have processed over 1000 Golden Visa applications in Portugal.
- Top Programs: We only offer the best programs available to our clients. We suggest you invest with property developers we have worked with for over a decade under our investment program.
At Bilimoria & Associate, we have got your back. You can be assured of getting quality and reliable assistance from us when applying for the Portugal Golden Visa program. Call us now at +91 44 28239229 / 43508191 or mail us your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org.